5 things that 20% of people believe
With Marine Le Pen winning 20% of the vote in the first round of the French Presidential election, we take a look at other things that 1 person in 5 support, or believe is true.
1. Aliens are on Earth. A survey of 23,000 people in 22 countries showed that 20% belived "alien beings have come to earth and walk amongst us in our communities disguised as us". Interestingly, this belief was stronger in India and China, both had over 40% support, down to lolwy Belgium and Netherlands, where only 8% had faith in alien visitors.
2. 1 in 5 Brits has visited a psychic or clairvoyant in order to try to contact the spirit of Princess Diana according to a survey. This figure may include New International journalists.
3. One fifth of Americans believe President Obama is a Muslim. Most of them got that information from 'the media'.
4. Another survey of Brits showd that 20% of them are far more confused about their country than anyone else is. 20% Could not name, England, Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland as the four parts of Great Britain. Additionally, 20% thought Stonehenge was foreign and that Britain's highest mountain was Everest.
5. Space. 1 in 5 Americans think the Moon landings were a hoax, but 20% of Brits believe Star Wars' lightsabres are real, and not only that, a shade fewer believe they can see gravity.